Barnett's Wholefoods: Mission Statement
- That everything in stock has a positive effect on the health and wellbeing of the planet. Food should be organic, vegetarian, fair-traded and locally produced, if possible. Health supplements must be high-quality and appropriately used.
- That it become an inspiring, healing, sociable, sustainable, beautiful and successful part of the local community.
- That it create fulfilling, interesting and worthwhile employment.
- That all waste be recycled wherever possible, and that all energy used be as "green" as possible".
- To contribute to our planet's/children's future in any way we can, including giving to charity.
Janet Barnett - May 2003
We twice came runners up in the Best Retail Team category at the Natural Trade Show Awards. We are recommended on the vegan Happy Cow website, we are the only shop or restaurant on Merseyside to gain a "5 Cow" rating. We won all of these awards through unsolicited customer recommendations - our customers are our best friends! Since then we have been too busy serving our customers to apply for any more awards.